How to Apply for D-U-N-S Number?
DUNS is the abbreviation for Data Universal Numbering System. This system was first introduced in 1962 by Dun & Bradstreet Company to detect international companies, public organizations and non-profit organizations. Those who own a DUNS number accept sharing demographic information such as the owner, structure (partnership or a sole proprietorship), or credit score. DUNS number stays with the number even if the owner changes or the organization ends. Additionally, if you want to register to AppStore as a company (not as an individual), you need to hold a DUNS number.
- To check if you already hold a DUNS number, please check Dun & Bradstreet records. Go to Dun & Bradstreet website and click “Get a D-U-N-S Number”. This will reveal if you company already holds a DUNS number. All you need to know is some basic information such as the name, state/city and operating status of your company. If you cannot find your company’s name, you can apply for D-U-N-S number.
- Apply for a DUNS number. Click on the yellow “Get Started” link on the result page where you couldn’t find your business’ name in D&B database.
- Enter your name, surname, job title and e-mail. Then, list the name of your official organization. State other names with which your organization can be listed. For example; if the name of your company is “Jack’s Delicious Ice Creams”, but people know you as “Jack’s Ice-creams” then list that as well. Doing so, you will make potential creditors and partners find you easily. If you do not own a phone number in the U.S., please contact us.
- Add the physical address and the mailing address (if not the same) of your company. If you are using a fax machine, make sure you have added it as well. Click “Next” to continue. If you do not have a physical address in the U.S. please contact us.
- Complete the part by stating the legal structure, shareholders (if any), when it was started, and whether it is owned by a female or a veteran or it is a minority ownership. This information may help some organizations that want to help disadvantageous companies find you. If you company is a larger company, make sure you entered the information in the last part.
- Add any management information of your company. Add all secretaries, vice presidents, directors and executives if possible along with their starting date of employment. Click “Next” to continue.
- State what your business is doing in “Primary Line of Business” part. Dun & Bradstreet also wants to know if your business is online, where you are selling your products to, or how you bill your customers. List the information about how big your facility is and what kind of buildings you have.
- Make sure you understood the “Terms and Conditions” and check the box if you agree. Then click the yellow “Next” button.
- Choose a period of time to state when you need your DUNS number. If you need your DUNS number in 5 workdays, choose the expedited service to see the expedited service fee. If you think you can also wait for 30 days, choose “Free” option and click “Next” to save your information.
- Lastly, check the validity of your information and print the page. Check your DUNS number in Dun & Bradstreet database after you receive an email with your DUNS number.
If you want to apply for your DUNS number with our support, please contact us!
TR Phone: +90 850 304 7002
US Phone: +1 302 526 4800
Address: Newark, Delaware.